PASMAE-ISME REGIONAL CONFERENCE KALIKUTI HOTEL, LILONGWE, MALAWI 26-28 NOVEMBER 2007
The event was a joint Pan African Society for Musical Arts Education (PASMAE) and International Society for Music Education (ISME) Conference.
The Local Organizing Committee (LOC) members included:
- PASMAE Presidency, represented by Dr. Grant Nthala (LOC Chair)
- Culture Directorate of Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture (then the Ministry was changed to Tourism, Wildlife and Culture within the period of preparation)
- CIIMDA Country Representative, James Thole
- National MAT Cell Coordinator, Maryflorence Mzama
- Music Curriculum Specialist for Malawi Institute of Education, Davie Kaambankadzanja
- Musicians Association of Malawi
- National Commission for UNESCO and
- Copyright Society of Malawi (COSOMA)
The biggest challenge was seed money for basic operations of the LOC.
The conference was supported by Malawi Government, NAMM, ISME & CIIMDA.
The Guest of Honour was the then Malawi Minister of Tourism, Wildlife and Culture Honourable Callista Chapola-Chimombo, M.P.
PASMAE Executive Committee at the time was as follows:
Acting President : Dr. Sipho Mandlazi (South Africa)
Vice Presidents : Adeoluwa Okunade (Nigeria)
Tiago Langa (Mozambique)
Secretary General : Irene Soko (Botswana)
The ISME President Liane Hentschke made a presentation on ISME relationship with PASMAE.
The presentations were spiced up by indigenous musical arts performances from Malawi Musical Arts Action Research Teams, popularly known as MAT Cells.
Finally, there were elections for the new PASMAE office bearers.
Further details can be obtained from the then PASMAE Secretary General and/or the acting President who have been served with a copy of this communication.